Welcome to our governor page
What Do School Governors Do?
- Together with the headteacher they are responsible for making sure the school provides a good quality education.
- They provide challenge and support to the Headteacher, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
- They make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
- They monitor the impact of policies and oversee school budgets and staffing.
- They report on school achievements and respond to inspection recommendations.
- They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
- They ask searching questions and respect the position of the Headteacher as a professional leader of the school.
Our School Governors
Mr S Robertshaw (Chair/ Co-opted)
Mrs N Akhter (Vice Chair/ Parent Governor)
Mrs R Hussain (LA Governor)
Mrs C Dixon (Co-opted)
Mr J Carter (Co-opted)
Mrs S Meer ( Parent Governor)
Mrs N Munir (Staff Governor)
Mrs A Webster (Staff Governor)
Mrs T Mahmood (Headteacher)
If you would like to find out more about the role of our School Governors please contact the school.
A register of business interests is held in school.
Register of Business Interests for School Governors
The register will need to be reviewed annually, but governors are reminded that they should declare any changes as and when they occur.
Governors are reminded that completion of this form does not remove the requirement upon them to disclose orally any interest at any specific meeting and to leave the meeting for that agenda item.