Rockley Street, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 1NS

01924 430960

Eastborough Junior Infant & Nursery School


Welcome to our governor page

What Do School Governors Do?

  • Together with the headteacher they are responsible for making sure the school provides  a good quality education.
  • They provide challenge and support to the Headteacher, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
  • They make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
  • They monitor the impact of policies and oversee school budgets and staffing.
  • They report on school achievements and respond to inspection recommendations.
  • They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
  • They ask searching questions and respect the position of the Headteacher as a professional leader of the school.

Our School Governors

Mr S Robertshaw  (Chair/ Co-opted)

  Mrs N Akhter (Vice Chair/ Parent Governor)  

Mrs R Hussain (LA Governor)

Mrs C Dixon (Co-opted)

Mr J Carter (Co-opted)

Mrs S Meer ( Parent Governor)

 Mrs N Munir (Staff Governor)

Mrs A Webster (Staff Governor)

Mrs T Mahmood  (Headteacher)


 If you would like to find out more about  the role of our  School Governors  please contact the school.

A register of business interests is held in school.

Register of Business Interests for School Governors

The register will need to be reviewed annually, but governors are reminded that they should declare any changes as and when they occur.

Governors are reminded that completion of this form does not remove the requirement upon them to disclose orally any interest at any specific meeting and to leave the meeting for that agenda item.

< Register Form >

Attendance Register of School Governors

Governing Body Meetings 2016/2017


Full Governing Body Finance & Resources committee

Standards and Effectiveness committee

7th September 2016 11th July 2016 2007min - S&E - 10 February 2017
19th January 2017

If you wish to see any previous minutes, do not hesitate to ask in the school office